Welcome to a Brand New Life!
NEW THINGS for NEW CREATURES!
"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." II Corinthians 5:17
· NEW LOVE … for communicating with God. Establish a daily devotional habit. Talk with Him through prayer, and let Him talk with you through His Word. Make this a regular part of you life!
· NEW DESIRE … to be like Christ. You will want to follow carefully in His footsteps, but be patient with yourself. Take one step at a time.
· NEW EXCITEMENT … to share the gospel. The salvation message must be proclaimed boldly but with the utmost love and wisdom. Give your testimony, tracts and an invitation to church. Be patient!
· NEW QUESTIONS … from friends and family. Its is real? Will it last? Why don't you do that any more? Are you too good for us? A confident smile and a kind word is your best response.
· NEW CHALLENGES … from other Christians. You may be labeled a fanatic, a heretic, misguided or perhaps even "of the devil." Remember that Jesus received the greatest opposition from the traditional religionists of His day.
· NEW FELLOWHIP … with fellow believers. You will be encouraged and refreshed by being with those of "like precious faith". Determine to become a vital part of a church that believes and preaches what the Bible teaches. Don't miss a service!
· NEW AWARENESS … of family responsibilities. Go out of your way to be what God wants you to be at home. You have the greatest godly influence on those who know you best. However, resist the temptation to force salvation issues upon them.
· NEW OUTLOOK … concerning right and wrong. The Lord will help you to see that many things you've said and done in the past just don't seem right any more. Be sensitive to His leading in dealing with old habits.
· NEW POWER … to overcome temptation. You have supernatural power to say no to the enticements of evil. If and when you do sin, ask the Lord's forgiveness and determine with His help not to continue in it.
· NEW CONFIDENCE … in the promise of God. Place your faith in His steadfast Word as the basis for salvation and not in your changing feelings. In Christ, you are a child of God, regardless of the doubts that may arise.
· NEW AMBITION … to be used of God. When Jesus becomes Lord, He becomes Lord of all. Dedicate your time, talent and treasure to Him. Make yourself available; God has a special plan for your life!
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING of an exciting new adventure for you. We, your new church family, want you to know that you have our love and prayers. We care about you!